Descendants: The Royal Wedding is an Disney Channel animated special that aired on August 13, 2021. Based on the Descendants franchise, the special brings viewers back to the United States of Auradon and feature Mal and King Ben's royal wedding.
Happily-ever-after continues for Auradon's power couple, Mal and Ben, as they prepare to say "I do" at an epic celebration with their friends and family, but Hades threatens to ruin it all.
- Dove Cameron as Mal
- Sofia Carson as Evie
- Booboo Stewart as Jay
- Mitchell Hope as Ben
- Sarah Jeffery as Audrey
- China Anne McClain as Uma
- Jedidiah Goodacre as Chad
- Anna Cathcart as Dizzy
- Since Cameron Boyce passed away on July 6, 2019, the absence of Carlos De Vil was acknowledged in the storyline and Boyce's memory is honored in the telecast.
- The animated feature takes place directly after the Planning of the Royal Wedding shorts.
- This premiered right after the Disney Channel Original Movie, Spin.
- Maleficent appears as a lizard after being absent and only mentioned in Descendants 3.
- The special ends with the words "The End" after diving into a rabbit hole, a prop to the world of Wonderland.
- When Jay and Evie give Mal her present, Evie states "the four V.K.s linked together forever", there is a 5th crest (assuming it represents either Ben or Mal officially becoming queen or the apple 'D' logo for 'Descendants').
Ben: Mal Bertha, with this ring, I pledge everything that I have to you. My life, my kingdom, my heart. I promise to always be there for you, to accept everything that you are, and to always put you first.
Mal: With this ring, I pledge to you all the days of my life, all of my burdens and all of my joys. I promise to be my best for you, to share all my secrets and to keep yours and to choose good always.
Fairy Godmother: Do you, Ben, take Mal to be your wife, to love and cherish forever?
Ben: I do.
Fairy Godmother: Do you, Mal, take Ben to be your husband, to love and cherish forever?
Mal: I do.
Fairy Godmother: By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you... husband and wife! Bippity boppity woooo!
Mal: I love you guys.
Mal: I'm married!
Ben: So this is what happily ever after looks like.
Mal: For us? Yes. But somewhere another story could be just beginning.