Descendants 2 is a Disney Channel Original Movie and the sequel to the 2015 film Descendants. It has been written by Josann McGibbon and Sara Parriott, who will also serve as executive producers on the project. The film will be directed by Kenny Ortega, who will also serve as executive producer and choreographer. It premiered on July 21, 2017.
The story deepens in the music-driven sequel to the global smash hit Descendants, as the teenage sons and daughters of Disney's most famous villains — Mal, Evie, Carlos, and Jay (also known as Villain Kids, or VKs) — try to find their place in idyllic Auradon. When the pressure to be royally perfect becomes too much for Mal, she returns to her rotten roots on the Isle of the Lost where her archenemy Uma, the daughter of Ursula, has taken her spot as self-proclaimed queen of the run-down town. Uma, still resentful over not being selected by Ben to go to Auradon Prep with the other Villain Kids, stirs her pirate gang including Captain Hook's son Harry and Gaston's son Gil, to break the barrier between the Isle of the Lost and Auradon, and unleash all the villains imprisoned on the Isle, once and for all. 
- Mitchell Hope as King Ben, son of King Beast and Queen Belle
- Sofia Carson as Evie, daughter of the Evil Queen
- Booboo Stewart as Jay, son of Jafar
- Cameron Boyce as Carlos De Vil, son of Cruella De Vil
- China Anne McClain as Uma, daughter of Ursula
- Thomas Doherty as Harry Hook, son of Captain Hook
- Dylan Playfair as Gil, son of Gaston
- Anna Cathcart as Dizzy Tremaine, daughter of Drizella Tremaine
- Brenna D'Amico as Jane, daughter of Fairy Godmother
- Dianne Doan as Lonnie, daughter of Fa Mulan and Li Shang
- Jedidiah Goodacre as Prince Chad Charming, son of Cinderella and Prince Charming
- Zachary Gibson as Doug, son of Dopey
- Keegan Connor Tracy as Queen Belle, mother of Ben
- Dan Payne as King Beast, father of Ben
- Melanie Paxson as Fairy Godmother, mother of Jane
- Whoopi Goldberg as Ursula , Mother of Uma.
- Linda Ko as Lady Tremaine, Grandmother of Dizzy Tremaine
- While still in production, the movie was under the working title The Lair.
- Descendants 2 had a simultaneous premiere on Disney Channel, Disney XD, ABC, FreeForm, Lifetime and Lifetime Movies but not in the UK nor Disney Junior.
- With the exception of Sarah Jeffery who plays Audrey, all the original cast from the first movie reprise their roles.
- Even though she doesn't appear, Audrey is still mentioned by Chad.
- The film is set six months after the events of the first film.
- The boat that was used for the Cotillion has glass windows that features some of the Disney couples, (Belle and Beast), (Cinderella and King Charming), (Ariel and Eric), (Tiana and Prince Naveen), (Rapunzel and Flynn Rider), (Aladdin and Jasmine), (Snow White and The Prince), (Pocahontas and John Smith).
- At the end of the credits, Uma came out from the water and turned around to face the camera saying, "You didn't think this was the end of the story, did you?" In a call back to when Mal said at the end of the first movie, and a hint at a potential Descendants 3 threequel.
- 21 million total viewers (so far) have watched Descendants 2.
- Among the deleted scenes, there was a kiss between Harry Hook and Gil. The scene was cut from the final version. Thomas Doherty posted a picture of the scene on his Instagram account, and the scene was also mentioned in the book.
- This would have been Disney Channel's first LGBT kiss if it wasn't deleted.
- Interestingly, this was China Anne McClain's and Cameron Boyce's first movie together since Grown Ups 2.
- ↑ Descendants Sequel Set At Disney Channel
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Everything We Know About Descendants 2 So Far
- ↑ 
- ↑ Bentley, Jean (September 16, 2016). "Descendants 2 Scoop: Is King Ben Going Bad?". (en-US) E! Entertainment Television.
- ↑ Berman, Rachel (2016-09-16). "Wait, What is Happening in This First Look Photo for Descendants 2?". (en-US) Oh My Disney Disney.
- ↑ Meet Descendants 2 's Newest Villain Offspring: Captain Hook's Son, Harry
- ↑ "Descendants 2 casts Gaston’s son". Entertainment Weekly (August 19, 2016).
- ↑ "Drizella's Daughter Has Been Cast in Descendants 2 and She is Adorable". Oh My Disney (August 25, 2016).
- ↑ Instagram: Brenna D'Amico post
- ↑ Instagram: Dianna Doan post
- ↑ Instagram: Jedidiah Goodacre post
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StpcwneSy9A Behind the Scenes First Look of Descendants 2
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Twitter: Keegan Connor Tracy post
- ↑ Twitter : Melanie Paxson post
- ↑ https://ohmy.disney.com/news/2017/07/20/whoopi-goldberg-is-the-voice-of-umas-mom-ursula-in-descendants-2/