Gil is the tertiary antagonist of Descendants 2 and the quaternary antagonist turned supporting character/anti-hero of Descendants 3. He is the son of Gaston. A devoted member of Uma's pirate gang, Gil is thickheaded and does his best to keep up with Uma and Harry.
Gil is portrayed by Dylan Playfair.
Gil is a thick-headed, happy-go-lucky guy who is brawny and acts before thinking just like his dad, but this is their only similarity. He has a concern for the well-being of others and is very loyal to his friends. Gil is a devoted member of Uma's pirate crew.
Gil is a handsome, tan-skinned muscular young man with blonde hair tied in a ponytail and brown eyes. His primary outfit is a torn burnt orange tank top, an orange sleeveless leather jacket, ripped blue jeans with brown details, and brown boots. His accessories consists of a yellow bandana, brown and black bands, a bronze bull necklace, a brown bull belt, yellow fingerless gloves, golden skull rings, bronze, black and gold bracelets, and a sheath for his sword. Gil is sometimes shown with black and orange markings painted onto his face.
- Main article: Gil/Relationships
- It is confirmed in Rise of the Isle of the Lost: A Descendants Novel, that Gil is brother of Gaston Jr. and Gaston the Third.
- Interestingly, in many Spanish-speaking South American countries, 'gil' is a colloquial word to describe someone foolish or gullible. Gil is portrayed with these traits.
- He is the only son of his family not to be named after his father, Gaston.
- Maybe that is due the fact that Gil is different from his dad and his brothers.
- In the junior novelization of Descendants 2, Gil and Harry kissed. This scene was also recorded for the movie, but it was cut from the final version of the film.