This article is about the episode. For the song, see Good is the New Bad (song).
"Good is the New Bad" is the ninth episode of the animated short series, Descendants: Wicked World, which premiered on November 20, 2015.
At Auradon's annual singing competition, the teams try to outshine each other but realize they harmonize well together.
It is Auradon Prep's annual singing competition, and those entering are Mal, Evie, Audrey, and Lonnie. Also among the contestants is Ally, the daughter of Alice, who looks worried because her partner has lost her voice and can't sing at the competition. She desperately needs to find a new partner otherwise her chances of winning are unlikely. Freddie is also in the competition, but after shrinking her partner's head she too is in the same situation as Ally. Mal suggests Ally and Freddie could sing together, but Ally is not so keen on the idea. She is worried that Freddie might turn her into a frog if she hits a wrong note. Freddie assures Ally that she would never do that, but would shrink her head just like she did with her last partner.
The competition is about to start, and Audrey and Lonnie are the first ones up on stage, despite being told that Mal and Evie are supposed to be up first. With the crowd already cheering, Audrey and Lonnie begin to sing and dance. Mal and Evie try to join in but get pushed off stage by Audrey as she continues to dance with Lonnie. Freddie decides to go solo and begins to sing and dance to the music, with Mal and Evie in following. Then Ally joins in, and soon all six girls sing and dance side by side, and the crowd cheers on.
- Written by:
- Julia Miranda
- Directed by:
- Dove Cameron as Mal
- Sofia Carson as Evie
- Sarah Jeffery as Audrey
- Dianne Doan as Lonnie
- China Anne McClain as Freddie
- Jennifer Veal as Ally
- Main article: Good Is the New Bad/Transcript
- This episode introduces Ally, daughter of Alice from Alice in Wonderland.
- This is the second episode where Mal, Evie, and Audrey are seen with new outfits, following "Genie Chic". It is also the first where Lonnie is seen with one too.
- Among the audience are Ben, Carlos, Jordan, and Jane.
- This is the first episode to feature a song.
- This is the longest episode yet.
- When Ally says "she might turn me into a frog" she is referencing Freddie's father, Dr. Facilier.